I know I’m about a week late, but it’s May! This year is flying by, and I seem to just keep getting busier and busier. Busy is definitely not a bad thing, but as consequence I have not been keeping up with my blog as much as I’d like. Anyway, this weekend we went to the Suburbia Music Festival in Plano. Although it was super hot, it was super worth it. Here are some pics from the weekend.
I love weddings, and when I say I love weddings, I mean I LOVE everything about them and everything that goes into them. So of course, I’m loving helping my best friend plan her wedding which means countless hours on Pinterest (because it’s so much work, you know), vendor appointments and bringing out my inner Martha Stewart. This past weekend we finished decorating mason jars that will be used in the wedding. We went through so many sites and Pinterest pins I thought I would share some of my favorites. Maybe they will inspire you too!
Such a great alternative to the usual notecard escort cards. Bonus points: can double as a drinking glass or used to store a small party favor for your guests!
Who said mason jars were only meant to be on tables? This adorable mason jar chandelier is a great way to add lighting to any rustic chic wedding.
I love lists! So, when I stumbled across Cat Cantrell’s blog, Perpetual Perfection, and her bucket list (inspired by Design Darling) of 101 things to do in 1001 days, it motivated me to start my own as well.
Start date: April 7, 2014
End date: January 15, 2017
2. Unplug completely for 24 hours.
3. Go to bed every night at 10:00 p.m. for two weeks.
4. Donate blood.
5. Find out my blood type.
6. Grow my own mini garden.
7. Move out.
8. Adopt a puppy.
9. Keep a journal for a week.
10. Decorate my own apartment.
11. Donate my hair to Locks of Love.
12. Wake up at 5 a.m. every day for a week.
13. Organize all of my important documents.
14. Redesign my blog
15. Learn Photoshop and take Blogshop.
16. Blog twice a week for a month.
17. Get a promotion
18. Make a group of blogger friends.
Family and Friends
19. Visit one of my best friends in Phoenix.
20. Organize a date night for my parents
21. Plan a weekend family getaway.
22. Take my parents to a Texas football game.
23. Throw a holiday party.
24. Send someone flowers just because.
25. Buy my parents and brother a
26. Visit Marfa, TX.
27. Go to SXSW – besides the music part.
28. Try 10 new restaurants in Dallas
29. Visit 3 museums in Dallas.
30. Float the river.
31. Go to the Trail of Lights in Austin.
32. Go on a Texas roadtrip.
33. Visit my grandma in Mexico.
34. Go to Fiesta in San Antonio.
35. Take a tour of Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner.
36. Tour the wineries in Fredricksburg.
37. Have dinner at the Reunion Tower.
38. Spend a weekend exploring DFW.
39. Travel to a new state.
40. Travel to a new country.
41. Go to Vegas.
42. Take a trip with my mom.
43. Volunteer abroad.
44. Swim with dolphins.
45. Go skiing.
46. Go on a cruise.
47. Go camping.
48. Set a budget and stay on it for at least a year.
49. Put $10 in a savings account for every item I cross off this list.
50. Pay off my credit card.
Health and Fitness
51. Run a mile in less than 10 min.
52. Run a marathon.
53. Attend a barre class.
54. Workout every day for 30 days.
55. Go hiking.
56. Try the paleo diet for a week.
57. Go a month without eating fast food.
58. Go vegetarian for a week.
59. Do yoga stretches everyday for a week.
60. Get a massage.
61. Participate in the Color Run.
62. Participate in Tough Mudder or similar race.
63. Try a juice cleanse.
64. Have a daily skincare routine and stick to it.
65. Buy a DSLR camera.
66. Purchase a good work bag.
67. Invest in a good pair of work shoes.
68. Invest in living room furniture.
69. Volunteer at a women’s shelter.
70. Buy coffee for a stranger.
71. Leave a 100% tip.
72. Take a cooking class.
73. Read 5 biographies.
74. Learn how to make a margarita.
75. Take a pottery class.
76. Learn how to start a fireplace.
77. Take a free online class.
78. Learn how to use DSLR camera.
79. Knit a scarf.
80. Learn to use a sewing machine.
81. Complete 10 DIY projects from Pinterest.
82. Design an invitation for someone.
83. Create an inspiration board.
84. Create my own piece of art.
Just for Fun
85. Be a part of a book club.
86. Go to a Cowboys game.
87. Find my perfect shade of red/pink lipstick.
88. Throw a surprise party.
89. Have my palm read.
90. Gamble at a casino.
91. Go on a picnic.
92. Have a spa day.
93. Buy fresh flowers every week for a month.
94. Buy a real Christmas tree.
95. Have a dinner party.
96. Go zip lining.
97. Style my hair differently every day for a week.
98. Watch all movies on my movie list.
99. Send a message in a bottle
100. Build a gingerbread house.
101. Complete everything on this list.
Last month, Pantone announced 2014’s color the year: Radiant Orchid — a mix of rich purple and pink tones. This beautiful color is popping up everywhere from shoes to dresses, to home decor. I love this color, which is surprising for me, since I tend to gravitate towards neutrals. Below is just a little inspiration of how you can add a little (or a lot) Radiant Orchid in your life.
I’m sure you are well aware of the frigid temperatures, and if you’re anything like me, your skin is not loving this winter weather. Try these easy DIY scrubs and masks that will leave your skin and hair feeling amazing and are perfect to try while your fighting away the cabin fever that you may have.
Being sick for most of my holiday break, I had a lot of time to catch up on sleep and find a new obsession -Scandal (I know I’m a little late, but it’s so good!). Also, I had time to come up with my 2014 resolutions. 2013 was a year of ups and downs and am definitely happy 2014 is here!
A new year, a clean slate, a fresh start. There is something so romantic about January 1. It is your chance to start over, to pursue that hobby you always wanted to do, to quit your job and travel the world, or maybe simply to start wearing sunscreen everyday. These are my 2014 resolutions:
– Read 24 books.
– Run 400 miles.
– Visit my friend in Phoenix.
– Wash my face and wear sunscreen every day.
– Be a little selfish. It’s so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of every day. I want to take a little more time for myself.
Whatever your resolutions may be, I hope you make 2014 your year!
Only a week and a half until my Christmas vacation begins, and of course I plan on taking full advantage of enjoying my favorite holiday and seeing all the Christmas events Dallas has to offer. Can’t wait to get started! What are some of your must-do’s during the holidays?
Christmas Break Bucket List
1. Highland Park Christmas Lights.
2. Ice Skating at Klyde Warren Park.
3. Vitruvian Park Lights in Addison.
4. The Nutcracker.
5. Gaylord ICE!
6. Try a new dessert recipe.
7. Galleria Dallas- Christmas tree!
8. Make a gingerbread house.
9. Take time to make DIY Christmas wrapping. (Of course I’ll share and post pictures!)
10. Anchorman 2
11. Have a Christmas movie marathon.
12. 3 Day cleanse- After all the holiday festivities I will need to start the year of right and get on track with clean eating.
– Happy Holidays!